Another month has come and gone. Anyone else feel like April went by way too fast? I hope everyone who took on the April Challenge found a space to reorganize. 🙂 I have some before/after pics from my own reorganization, plus my friend sent me some of hers which I will share with everyone in a future post.
So onto our May Challenge.
This month, it’s all about getting ourselves ready for summer. Whatever your goals are for the pending warm weather, take a moment to reflect on what you are hoping to complete by then. For me, it’s a weight loss goal. Not only to lose those winter lbs that crept up on me but to feel better about myself and fit into some cute summer outfits.
Maybe your goal is to continue organizing your home. Or perhaps a backyard reno. Getting ready for gardening, taking on a new hobby or perhaps finding more outdoor activities for you and the family.
This is a very open-ended challenge this month. I would love to hear what your plans are.
Some tips for keeping on track with your challenges:
– write it down! Making lists always helps me, whether it be grocery lists, ToDo lists or a wish list.
– split your goals. Say your goal is to lose 20 lbs. Now set yourself small goals, such as 2 lbs, 5 lbs, etc.
– check in with yourself. Pick a date, for example, weekly, to check in with yourself and see where you are at. Even if you didn’t accomplish what you wanted to, it’s a good idea to regroup and see how you are doing.
– reward yourself. Maybe you had short term goal to lose 2 lbs this week. Reward yourself with a pair of new earrings or that new top you’ve been eyeing. The rewards system isn’t just for kids. We all like to feel like we’ve earned something, especially a purchase.
– don’t worry!! Worrying is a huge problem for mothers. We do it constantly. We have enough to worry about so if something in your list isn’t going as planned, don’t sweat it. There’s always time and even if it didn’t happen this week, there’s not reason to beat yourself up over it. Try again next week. Reorganize your list based on what you know works and doesn’t work.
Do you have any goals in mind? In addition to my own weight & fitness goals, I am on purge mode when it comes to clothes in this house. I always seem to have too many, especially the kids. I’m starting the process of getting rid of anything we no longer wear, especially the winter clothes. I will either put them away until next year or give them away.
Enjoy this month! June will be here before we know it.